Sunday, March 22, 2009

Spock Scares Me, Too

When you google my name, you may get a whole bunch of information that has nothing to do with me. It is one of the perks to having a relatively common name.

This is less true for my friend Erin, who googled her own name and found a profile about her, with pictures and all, on the website Spock. The reason I am concerned, is that it included links of people who Erin is friends with. And of the first four or five listed, I was one.

It seems that Spock has scoured my MySpace page. I hardly use it anymore, but I keep it up for the few people that might not be able to be contacted elsewhere. I'm going to have to go back and re-read the privacy policy, because Spock has information about me that should be set to 'friends-only', as my profile is private.

It seems that this whole thing isn't so new, and I'm a little behind the ball. Read what WIRED has to say.

No comments: